Should You Polybush Your Triumph TR6?
Fitting polyurethane bushes to the front wishbone or indeed any part of a Triumph TR6 is an excellent way to improve the handling and restore the feel of the car to like new. In this blog post, we’ll discuss the benefits of fitting polyurethane bushes to your TR6 and provide some guidance on how to fit them to your front wishbones.
What are Polyurethane Bushes?
Polyurethane bushes are a type of suspension bush made from a synthetic polymer material. They are designed to replace the original rubber bushings in a car’s suspension system. Polyurethane is a more durable and long-lasting material than rubber, which can deteriorate over time, causing play in the suspension and a loss of handling performance.
Why Fit Polybush Bushes to your TR6?
Fitting Polybush to your TR6 can provide several benefits, including:
- Improved Handling: The increased stiffness of polyurethane bushes reduces the flex in the suspension system, providing a more responsive and precise handling experience.
- More Durability: Polyurethane is a more durable material than rubber, so your suspension bushes will last longer and require less maintenance.
- Factory Feel: Polybush’s TR6 bushes are manufactured from 65a shore hardness polyurethane, which gives a “factory feel” and restores the feel of the car to like new.
- Improved Roadholding: Fitting Polybush help to maintain correct suspension alignment, resulting in improved road holding and reduced tyre wear.
How to Fit Polybush to your TR6’s Front Wishbone
Fitting Polybushes to your TR6’s front wishbone is a relatively straightforward process:
- Raise the car on a ramp or axle stands, ensuring it is securely supported.
- Remove the front wishbone from the car. You will need to disconnect the ball joint and the anti-roll bar link first.
- Use a bush removal tool to remove the old rubber bushes from the wishbone.
- Clean the wishbone thoroughly to remove any dirt, grease or rust.
- Insert the new polyurethane bushes into the wishbone, making sure they are properly seated.
- Apply some washing up liquid to the outer surface of the bushes to aid installation. (DO NOT USE GREASE OR ANY OTHER LUBRICANT)
- Reassemble the wishbone, ball joint and anti-roll bar link.
- Lower the car to the ground and check the alignment of the wheels.
- Take the car for a test drive to check the handling and roadholding.
Fitting polyurethane bushes to your Triumph TR6 is an excellent way to improve the handling and restore the feel of the car to like new. Polybush’s TR6 bushes are manufactured from 65a shore hardness polyurethane, providing a factory feel and increased durability. With the right tools and some basic mechanical knowledge, fitting these bushes is a relatively straightforward process that can be completed at home.
You can purchase your Triumph TR6 Bushes – HERE
Through Our Triumph Specialist – RIMMER BROTHERS
Or view other Triumph Models – HERE